Friday, September 24, 2010

Here we go again

So I always think that I am going to keep up with my blogging. Doesn't happen though. I think part of the problem is that I have been self censoring in the past. This go round I have decided to bare it all. Happy, sad, crafty, lazy. It'll be here if I'm feeling it. Wish me luck...
Lately I have been feeling guilty. My oldest had my undivided attention when he was younger. We read books, did crafts, learned our letters, etc. If he wasn't sleeping I was with him trying to engage.
My youngest, as is the case with most 2nd children I'm guessing, is not getting that undivided attention. Yes, when his big brother is at school I read with him. We talk and play and go on trips together. But I know he is NOT getting enough of me. I spend time cleaning, doing laundry, and sometimes just vegging out. I am tired. Almost 5 years of hardcore mommying is tough. Not that I mean to complain. I want to be a stay at home mom. I love the time I get to spend with them. I feel lucky that my hubby has a job that allows me to be here. But sometimes I get burnt out. And unfortunately for my youngest he is much more easy going than the oldest and he gets the shaft mommywise.
So along with trying to keep up with my blog, and making time to workout (been trying to go to Zumba 3x a week) I need to add in that I should be a more attentive mom to my youngest. I know that it will pay off in the long run.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Don't fall prey to the "mommy guilt"!! It is unnecessary! I recently had that same conversation with a friend, about how Nora (my younger of 2) doesn't have as much time as Liam did with me. But one of the things the younger ones definitely benefit from is the older sibling influence. Nora has learned to play with another child sooner than Liam did and interacts better with kids. She copies him and is learning other kid play that I can't, as an adult, teach to her. Think of it this way and you'll feel much better!! But then, you may start to feel bad for the first born...ah, well...is there anything we get to NOT feel guilty about?! :)