Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fabric pumpkins




Okay I stole this idea from Family Fun Magazine. They had it in their latest issue. http://jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=12252
I didn't have any great, fun fabric just some simple orange lying around. So mine aren't quite as cute as theirs but it was just a test run to see if I liked the final product.

Supplies:
1 8 inch circle of orange fabric per pumpkin
dental floss
a needle
1-2 plastic garbage bags per pumpkin
a stick or green felt/fleece to make a stem

How I did it:
1. I took the circle of fabric and threaded the dental floss about a 1/4 inch from the edge all the way around.

2. I started to pull the dental floss together so that the pumpkin began to take shape.

3. When it was a little bag I shoved in a plastic garbage bag and then pulled both ends of the dental floss until the pumpkin formed.

4. I decided to use some leftover green fleece as my stem. I doubled over a strip of felt about 1/2 in wide and shoved it into the hole in the pumpkin. Then I took the dental floss and wrapped it around the stem until the pumpkin was tight and the hole was closed.

5. My little punkins found the little pumpkins the next day and both of them carried them around the house the first day so I may be making more for the little guys to play with.

I sure do love Halloween decorating!

No comments: